Monday 11 April 2016

Camp Refection

Camp


Earlier this week I went to Fox Glacier for school camp with 23 people, 2-3 people weren't coming.


My first favourite part was going to see the glacier. It took two hours to get there walking, I walked the whole way. When we got there I was really amazed by the sight of a glacier, it was not anywhere near what I expected, it was amazing I had never seen a glacier before. I didn’t know that glaciers made a cliff and smoothed out mountains. That was my favorite part of camp.


My second favourite part was swimming at Lake Mapourika. We stopped off there on the way to Fox Glacier, I put my wetsuit on and started swimming. I tried to encourage my friend Caitlyn to come and swim but she didn’t want to so I went swimming further out. Lots of people were jumping off the jetty, I was too but Caitlyn didn’t want to. After a while Caitlyn finally jumped of the jetty with me. People were saying that lots of Eels were in there, I think that's what made her not do it before. There might have been Eels in there but there might not have been.


My third favorite part was the Glow Worm Walk. We went on the Glow Worm walk the first night, it was really cool seeing them glow in the darkness. It was like a 20 minute walk and it was the first time I’ve ever seen Glow Worms, it was so cool. When ever anybody found a bunch of glow worms everyone stopped turned their torches off and stared at the cool Glow Worms.


My fourth favourite part was playing spot light, we played it at Fox Glacier school. The principal was really nice and let us play while he was working hard. My friend kept squealing while we played. I was in two times, at one point I was counting and a group of people came over to look at me counting, they became out of the game unfortunately.


Here are all the places we went on camp
The Kiwi House, Lake Mapourika, Fox Glacier Top Ten Holiday Park, The Glow Worm Walk, The Village of Fox Glacier, HariHari, Hokitika/New World (for food), Tree Top Walk, Lake Matheson, The Glacier.

  
Thank you for taking your time to read my writing.

4 comments:

  1. I also liked the glow worm dell and I like the picture you added

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounded Like a Nice Camp To go To.

    Alice S

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic blog post Ayesha! You have described all the places very well m so happy you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your Work that you Done Ayesha it is Really Good

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.