Friday 31 March 2017

Literacy Reflection T1W9 2017












Literacy Reflection


Writing: This week for writing I have started on my camp reflection. It still might need a bit more detail in it but here is what I have so far.


In week 6 term 1 the Mamaku syndicate separately went on camp and we stayed in a lodge place in Westport. My class M2 went on camp in week 6 on wednesday Term 1. We went to this camp for fun education. Mr B also went on this camp along with our teacher, some parent helpers and of course the kids. One extra thing the food was great. We did lots of fun activities on camp like walks historical museums coal mines and more.

















Word Work: This week for word work like last week I have written down the meaning of my word, the origin of my word and a sentence with my word in it. This week for word work I have also done two activities one of them was word code and the other one was blue vowels. For word code I had to use a shape for each letter and then I would use the shapes to spell out my word. For blue vowels I had to write down ten of my words and colour all the vowels in blue. Here is my work.


Command
Meaning: Give an order or commanding someone to do something.
I command you to eat spaghetti.
Origin: Late Latin and Old French

Length
Meaning: The measurement of something like it was 1 metre long
The length of the tree was only 2 metres.
Origin: Germanic, Old English, Dutch and English

Benefit
Meaning: a benefit is when you get an advantage from something
It was a big benefit.
Origin: Latin and Old French

Citizen
Meaning: The people of some place
They were english citizens.
Origin: Latin, Old French, Anglo-Norman French and English

Expense
Meaning: The cost of something
The expense was big.
Origin: Unsure

Temperature
Meaning: The heat of something
The temperature was very cold.
Origin: French, Latin and English

Relative
Meaning: The relation of somebody like somebodys family.
I have lots of relatives.
Origin: Late Latin, Old French and English

Witness
Meaning: A person who sees something that has happened
The witness was terrified.
Origin: Old French and English

Influence
Meaning: An effect on somebody in good way or bad
She was a bad influence.
Origin: Latin, Old French, Medieval Latin, Scholastic Latin and English



3 comments:

  1. Hi Ayesha, I enjoyed reading your camp writing so far. I like how you have lots of personal voice in your writing and rhetorical quesitons. This makes it interesting and entertaining for the reader. Next time don't forget to include your WALT in your post so people know what you have been focusing on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola Ayesha, it's me Hannah from Mamaku 1.
    I enjoyed reading your work and your camp reflection is really good. I like how you have done a lot of work and put them all in without it looking too messy. Maybe next time you could have your WALT so that people know what you are focusing on. Other than that, it was AMAZING!

    Keep up the good work, Ayesha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia Ora Ayesha, It's me Adi
    I really enjoyed reading your camp writing and having a look at your work you have done LOTS! I just think you could add a WALT to your work but other than that it is great!
    Bai (Just my way of saying bye :D)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.